Crispy roast cauliflower has been my go-to for years when I bring a dish to a social gathering. It’s easy to assemble and quite the crowd pleaser. With the gluten free flours making it roasty-toasty and crispy, nobody feels like they’re eating something “super healthy” and that’s a win in my book.
Emily’s Dietary Scorecard
|Gluten Free||Dairy Free||Tree Nut Free||No Sugar (Added)|
|Grain Free||Delicious||Vegetarian||Low Sugars (all forms)|
|Paleo||Nightshade Free||Egg Free||Low FODMAP|
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBL arrowroot flour
- 1 TBL coconut flour
- 3 TBL olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot flour and coconut flour.
- In a large bowl mix together the cauliflower, garlic and olive oil.
- Now mix in the dry mixture and toss through the cauliflower, coating it well with your hands.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly over the 2 baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes and swap trays (top to bottom) and bake for another 15 minutes, 30 minutes total.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on sea salt, chopped parsley and juiced lemon.
(This post was originally published on my food blog in March 2008)