My favorite way to satisfy that CRUNCH craving. Enjoy!
Emily’s Dietary Scorecard
|Gluten Free||Dairy Free||Tree Nut Free||No Sugar (added)|
|Grain Free||Delicious||Vegetarian||Low Sugars (all forms)|
|Paleo||Nightshade Free||Egg Free||Low FODMAP|
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF).*
- Wash the sweet potatoes well.
- Place them across your two oven racks, with a lined baking sheet on the bottom of the oven to catch any drippings.
- Bake for ~45 minutes to 1 hour, until baked through and tender.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 160ºC (320ºF).
- Slicing lengthwise, remove the flesh from the potatoes and reserve for later meals.**
- Using a basting brush or your hands, lightly coat the sweet potato skins with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Slice the skins into desired 'chip' size.
- Now that the oven has lowered to 160ºC (320ºF) place the oiled skins (flesh side up) directly on the oven racks (baking sheet at the bottom of the oven should still be there to catch anything).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn.
- Using tongs, remove from the oven and serve! Enjoy the delicious CRUNCH.
*Oven temps may vary slightly. I use a fan-force oven.
**It is fine if some bits of the flesh stick to the skins. It's one of the yummiest parts because you get crunchy chips with sweet creamy bites as well.