My Nightshade-Free & FODMAP-Friendly Salsa is refreshing and light. It makes a beautiful seafood or poultry topper and delicious dip with fresh veggie sticks or salty plantain chips. It’s also Whole30 and AIP.
Click the photo to PIN this recipe for later!
Who doesn’t enjoy a good dip? I certainly do. The combo of a crunchy, veggie stick or salty chip acting as the vehicle for a refreshing and flavoursome dip is pretty-dang-satisfying to the senses.
This is my fresh take on traditional salsa. I’ve left out the onions and garlic typically found in Mexican-inspired dips so that it’s FODMAP-friendly, in case those pesky fructans cause you problems. Or maybe you’re hosting a hot date this weekend (hubba-hubba) and you want to serve something visually impressive, but you don’t want to worry about getting too close with death-breath from those darn raw onions. I got you! #praisehands
Additionally this tasty salsa does not contain tomatoes or peppers, so if you’re avoiding nightshades, or simply looking for something new and tasty to try, this Nightshade-Free and FODMAP-Friendly Salsa is your dish!
Emily’s Dietary Scorecard
|Gluten Free||Dairy Free||Nut Free||Low Sugars (all forms)|
|Grain Free||Soy Free||Egg Free||No Added Sweetener|
|Paleo||Low FODMAP||Nightshade Free||Nutrient Dense|
- 2 cups scored & diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced radish
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBL fresh lime juice
- 1 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and gently stir to combine, being mindful to prevent avocado cubes from getting too mushed up. (The lime juice and salt will break them down over time and that's fine).
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. I find the flavors become even more delicious after it's marinated overnight.
Share the love and pass this post on to a fellow foodie. Simply use the ‘Share This’ buttons below, or click the ‘Pin It’ stamp by hovering over your a photo, and instantly add this to your Pinterest board.